Monday, December 21, 2009

Art on Fashion


The initial idea for this post sprung from seeing the new Patricia Field for Keith Haring dress that's right at the bottom of this post. I basically don't like it, but it made me think of other arty fashion stuff that I DO like!! I've tried to do it in chronological order, so to begin is everyone's favourite Mondrian inspired dress by YSL.

Next up is not so much the fashion produced by the art, but the art itself. I just think that these are absolutely amazing and so I wanted to include them here. These paintings by Giovanni Boldini were the inspiration for Galliano's first s/s 97 Haute Couture collection for Dior.


Next up are these Warhol inspired dresses by Galliano again, AMAZING!!



Then some Dali - esques

Maison Martin Margiela (Above)


Galliano f/w 03 collection

And now for some more contemporary artists that have been used, or crossed over into fashion.






Insa heels + kicks

Jeremy Scott for Adidas (Keith Haring)


Basquiat Reeboks

Patricia Feild for Keith Haring.

0 comments:

Post a Comment