Saturday, March 27, 2010

John Galliano for Fashion Fringe

Fashion Fringe

Following on after Donatella Versace, John Galliano is to be the new honorary chairperson for Fashion Fringe.

“I am hoping we find a rebel genius. I will look for someone who reminds me of me when I was starting out - someone original, unique, who has their own style and handwriting and isn't afraid to try something new. Fashion sometimes gets scared and plays it too safe - but I want to push boundaries. When I started, all I wanted to do was create - I didn't have a clue about business, but it is so important to have good foundations in both. So many talented designers have been lost or swallowed up by corporate machines because they didn't know how to handle the business side. I learned the hard way.”

0 comments:

Post a Comment